Saturday, October 9, 2010

24 hour Read-a-thon!


The read-a-thon has now officially started! This reminds me of when I was in middle school and we had the Book Bowl. The school divided everyone up into teams and you kept track of how many pages you read over a month with the team with the most winning a prize. I sadly never won because I would some how always get the slacker team that thought reading was lame. 

To kick off my reading here are my answers to the meme:

Where are you reading from today?-the lovely state of Ohio  

3 facts about me …

1)I have 2 cats and a dog

2)I work in retail which is not a barrel of fun

3)The Vampire Diaries is my guilty pleasure Tv show that I usually lie about watching

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?-only 4 right now but I might pick up more at the library

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?-nothing really specific besides to read as much as i can as long as I can which is do-able because I managed to get the day off of work

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?-first time read-a-thoner but some good advice I've read is to take breaks when your getting tired or else it feels like work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.

For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.