Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reading Funk

I have been in a little bit of a funk lately. Not really sure why, but most of the books I read aren't really exciting me. Do you know that satisfied feeling you get after you read a great book that has just sucked you in, showed you beautiful things, making you relaxed and content? Or a book that made you the world in a new way, surprising you? Well, it has been a while since I have read a book like that. Don't get me wrong, I have read many perfectly adequate books that have amused me for the moment, but nothing that has sparked deep feeling. I even re-read The Night Circus but it wasn't as enchanting the second time (which I am really hoping is because I am in a mood because that book is awesome). Finding a slump buster is hard though. I have tired light comedies but the character's naiveté was grating. I have tried a sequel to a favorite book but it was disappointing. Maybe I will just take a break from books for a while and see if that works.

Oh, and on a different note, I have officially given up on Atonement. That book was just awful.

No comments: