Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New for October

 After killing my computer (don't ask me what I did, I'm only ok with computers) and not finishing my summer challenge, I have regrouped to start posting again. My reading funk is mostly gone, for now at least, and I am looking forward to new things. First, let me catch up on things that have happened.


  • I ended the Semi-Charmed Life Summer Reading Challenge with 55 points. I managed to stick with it for 2 months which is sadly a record for me. I'm not sure if it was my funk or my lack of commitment that sabotaged me, but I think it was a step in the right direction. And it let me finally give up on trying to read Atonement.
  • I read Shadow of the Night which was completely disappointing. That's all I'm going to say on that.
  • The new Jasper Fforde book came out last week in the US. Hurray! Side note: The sleuthing contests that go along with the releases of all his books are always fun, but hard as I try I usually only get like half the questions right. Doesn't stop me from trying. 
  • Read many more books that maybe I will finally get around to reviewing. We will see.
That is about the most of it. Now I'm just looking forward to this awesome fall weather with these beautiful leaves changing colors and the Read-a-thon coming up on Saturday. More on that in a separate post.

No comments: